6.00 PM THURSDAY 16TH JANUARY 2014 IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER AT CITY HALL, COLLEGE GREEN, BRISTOL BS1 5TR
D E C I S I O N S for this meeting
A G E N D A
PART A - STANDARD ITEMS OF BUSINESS:
1. PUBLIC FORUM (up to one hour is allowed for this item)
The following deadlines apply to public forum business for the 16 January Cabinet:
- The deadline for receipt of written questions is 5.00 pm on Friday 10 January.
- The deadline for receipt of written statements / petitions is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 15 January.
Written questions / public forum representations should be sent (in writing or via e-mail) to: Democratic Services, Room 220, City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR
tel: 0117 9222384 - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
a. The Council’s constitution permits up to one hour to be available in total for the public forum part of the meeting.
b. The Cabinet meeting is open to the public to observe Cabinet debate and the Mayor’s decisions on the reports listed on the agenda.
c. Written answers to questions submitted by the deadline will be made available in the meeting room one hour before the meeting starts. At the meeting, a limited amount of time will be available to enable questioners to ask a supplementary question in relation to the written answers provided.
d. All written statements / petitions received by the deadline will be circulated in advance of the meeting to Bristol’s Mayor, George Ferguson, and the Assistant Mayors. An opportunity will also be given to allow as many people as possible to present their statements / petitions orally at the meeting, bearing in mind there is an overall time limit of one hour. In the interests of managing what is, essentially, a business meeting within reasonable time limits, there will be a 2 minute time limit for the oral presentation of any individual statement/petition.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
To note any interests of the Mayor/executive relevant to the consideration of items on this agenda.
3. MATTERS REFERRED TO THE MAYOR FOR RECONSIDERATION BY A SCRUTINY COMMISSION OR BY THE FULL COUNCIL (subject to a maximum of 3 items)
Note: no matters have been referred for reconsideration on this occasion.
4. REPORTS FROM SCRUTINY COMMISSIONS
Note: in relation to agenda item 5, a referral form is expected to be received from the Resources Scrutiny Commission, following their meeting to be held on 13 January 2014 to review the 3 year budget proposals. This will be circulated as soon as practicable.
PART B: KEY DECISIONS - TO BE TAKEN BY THE MAYOR:
5. 2014/15 BUDGET AND 2014/15 TO 2016/17 MEDIUM TERM FINANCIAL STRATEGY (RECOMMENDATIONS TO FULL COUNCIL) - SEE SEPARATE LINKS BELOW
Link to Main Report
Supplementary report to budget report
Link to Appendix 1 - Medium Term Financial Strategy (DRAFT) [including appendices A-C]
Link to Appendix 2:a - Budget Consultation 2014/17 Feedback Report including Appendices 1-2
Link to Appendix 2:b - Appendices 3-6 to Feedback report
Link to Appendix 2:c - Appendices 7-9 to Feedback report
Link to Appendix 3 - Cumulative Equalities Impact Assessment
6. BRISTOL ARENA – FUNDING PACKAGE AND OPERATOR PROCUREMENT
Ward: Lawrence Hill, Windmill Hill & citywide
7. UNDER-OCCUPATION CHARGE: POLICY RESPONSE FOR COUNCIL TENANTS
8. GREEN DEAL AND ENERGY COMPANY OBLIGATION
9. METROBUS PROJECT PROGRESS & UPDATE: ASHTON VALE TO TEMPLE MEADS AND CITY CENTRE, NORTH FRINGE TO HENGROVE PACKAGE & SOUTH BRISTOL LINK
Wards: Cabot, Lawrence Hill, Southville, Bishopsworth, Bedminster, Frome Vale, Lockleaze, Eastville, Ashley, Easton, Windmill Hill, Filwood, Hartcliffe, Hengrove & Whitchurch Park