What Gold Sustainable Food City status means and how you can take part.
Bristol was awarded Gold Sustainable Food City status in May 2021 by the UK’s independent, Sustainable Food Places Board.
This followed Bristol’s city-wide Going for Gold campaign, which launched in spring 2019.
Bristol was awarded Gold for of our innovative approach and continuing commitment to:
- reduce food waste
- grow the city’s good food movement
- address food inequality
- increase urban food growing
- improve catering and procurement
- tackle the impacts of our food system on public health, nature, and climate change
Throughout the Bristol Going for Gold campaign we’ve been working with:
- Bristol Food Network
- Bristol Green Capital Partnership
- Resource Futures
- organisations, citizens, and food outlets across the city who logged over 1,900 positive actions on the Bristol Going for Gold website
As a Gold Sustainable Food City we will continue to work with people, organisations and policy makers across the city to take action to improve the way we grow, buy and eat food in Bristol.
How you can take part
To take part, visit Bristol’s Gold Food City website: