Read the terms and conditions before continuing with your application.
- give seven calendar days advance notice of required closure
- pay the application fee and any other associated costs
- maintain access to buildings for pedestrians and vehicles
- provide, erect and maintain diversion signs. We need to approve the type of signs and where they're set up
- tell anyone who’ll be directly affected by the proposed footway closure including all buildings on that road
The provision, operation and maintenance of all signs, lighting and guarding used within the works should be in accordance with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Safety at Street Works and Road Works Code of Practice, read in conjunction with the Traffic Manual, Chapter 8.
The cost to close a footway or pavement is £151 for up to six months.
DeclarationYou need to confirm that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions