Complaints and feedback about our Local Offer

Complaints and feedback about our Local Offer

We’d like your feedback to help us improve our Local Offer.

We want to make sure that the services and information we provide reflect the needs of parents, carers, young people and children.

Share your views about our local offer and suggest improvements

Use the feedback form to tell us:

  • about your experience of services and facilities for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in Bristol
  • how our local offer is working for you

Your feedback is anonymous and we won’t publish your email address or any other information that could identify you.

Give feedback

Publishing your feedback

We want you to know that we’re listening to your feedback and responding to make services better for children and young people with SEND.

Read about how we improve our Local Offer with your feedback and the SEND Local Offer report 2017 to 2018, which describes what we’ve done in response to your comments.

Complaints and feedback about specific services

The best way to resolve disagreements  is by talking with the lead professional providing the service. If want to complain about an individual service, contact the service directly using the lists below. They’ll then deal with it through their complaints process. 

Education and schools

Make a complaint about a school, nursery or childminder
If your child has a problem at school, there’s a process you should follow to report your concerns. If you’re unhappy with how your concerns have been addressed you can make a complaint. Every school should have a formal complaints procedure and copies should be available to all parents.
Find contact details in our schools finder

Complain or feedback about education services 

GOV.UK has some guidance on how to complain about a school or childminder.   

Make a complaint about a college, higher education establishment or apprenticeship

If you’re at college or a higher education establishment, the first thing is to speak to your tutor if you can, or ask a family member, friend or advocate to do this alongside you. 

To make a complaint about a further education college or apprenticeship provider, you’ll need to contact the Education Funding Agency (EFA). The EFA asks people to follow the college’s own complaints policy first and follow your organisation’s published complaints procedure. 

GOV.UK has some guidance about how to complain about FE college or apprenticeship.  

Health services

If you’re unhappy with your treatment from a health service provider in Bristol you should complain to them directly. For contact details and procedures for health services complaints use Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire NHS Clinical Commissioning Group's online form.

Other council services

For information about making a request or a formal complaint about another Children and young people’s council service visit the children and young people’s complaints and feedback page


Site Map