Your neighbourhood consultation 2017
Due to reductions in central government funding and the needs of a growing and ageing population, the council will have less money to provide services in Bristol over the next five years.
The Your Neighbourhood consultation has now closed.
Your feedback, along with the views of other local groups and partners and the results of our Equalities Impact Assessments, will be taken in to consideration in developing a set of final proposals that match local needs wherever possible. The proposals will be put to the Mayor and his Cabinet to make a final decision.
The consultation results and our decision on how to deliver future services will be published later in 2017 or early 2018.
What's happened so far
We consulted on which service areas would be reduced from October 2016 to January 2017. In February 2017, we decided what sums of money had to be saved in each area. Now we need to decide how to make the savings. This is where you come in.
In the summer of 2017 we then asked for your views on a group of five consultations which bring together savings proposals that impact on neighbourhoods and local services you may use regularly. They are:
- Bristol Community Links
- Public toilets
- School crossing patrols
- Withdrawal of funding for Neighbourhood Partnerships
The Your Neighbourhood booklet has details about the proposals.
Public consultation events
A series of eight public events were held in June and July 2017 to help you take part in the conversation. The events were:
- Thursday 29 June, Greenway Centre, Doncaster Road, Southmead, Bristol, BS10 5PY
- Monday 10 July, City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5UY
- Tuesday 11 July,The Vassals Centre, Gill Avenue, Bristol, BS16 2QQ
- Wednesday 12 July, Broadmead Baptist Church, 1 Whippington Court, Bristol, BS1 3HY
- Thursday 13 July, The Park, Daventry Road, Knowle, Bristol BS4 1DQ
- Wednesday 19 July, The Vassall Cente, Gill Avenue, Bristol, BS16 2QQ
- Monday 24 July, The Park, Daventry Road, Knowle, Bristol BS4 1DQ
- Monday 24 July, Shirehampton Public Hall, Station Rd, Bristol BS11 9TX