Resources for park voluntary groups
You can download our community action toolkit and also apply for health and safety training.
Community Action Toolkit
We’ve put together a toolkit to help community park groups with common tasks. The toolkit is made up of factsheets about different tasks:
- applying for grant funding (pdf, 76k) (opens new window)
- Bristol media contact list (pdf, 42k) (opens new window)
- how to be a chairperson (pdf, 38k) (opens new window)
- how to be a secretary (pdf, 44k) (opens new window)
- how to be a treasurer (pdf, 35k) (opens new window)
- how to open a bank account (pdf, 58k) (opens new window)
- how to give radio interviews (pdf, 47k) (opens new window)
- sample survey form (word doc, 26k) (opens new window)
- tips for conservation work (pdf, 44k) (opens new window)
- tips for press releases (pdf, 50k) (opens new window)
Health and safety training for parks voluntary groups
If you work as a volunteer in Bristol parks and estates, you must meet health and safety standards.
If you’re a volunteer leader, you’ll need to attend a one day training course for volunteer leaders.
To book onto this course contact us our online form.
Health and safety resources
There are also blank forms for you to print out and use: