COVID-19: guidance for council tenants about what we’re doing
COVID-19: guidance for council tenants
Changes to our services, what we’re doing to look after council tenants and the employees that carry out our services, guidance for tenants living in flats or sheltered housing
We're continually monitoring and adapting our services to ensure that we follow government guidance. We are working hard to deliver services, while keeping you and staff safe.
Most of our services are now available, but how we deliver services may be different.
If you're expecting a home visit, we'll contact you before the visit, where possible, to let you know what to expect.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you must tell us before we visit or when we arrive so that we can rearrange the appointment. If it's safe to do so, you should allow us access to your home for safety checks, repairs and maintenance.
Things that may be different when we visit:
- Depending on why we are visiting we may ask if we can talk to you at the front door or via the intercom, rather than coming into the property.
- We would ask that you stay at least 2 metres away from staff.
- In some situations staff may need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
We'll continue to support home adaptations. We'll prioritise:
- minor adaptation installations
- adaptations to the exterior of your home such as ramps and rails
- installation of high priority adaptations
- emergency repairs to adaptations, such as stair and through floor lifts
There is likely to be a delay with installing ‘standard priority’ home adaptations due to the level of work coming into the team.
If we were due to carry out improvement works inside your home, such as a replacement kitchen, replacement heating, or window replacements, we'll contact you to make new arrangements when we have worked through safe systems of work with our contractors and can start work again.
Urgent repairs to windows, kitchens and heating are continuing.
Tenants living in blocks of flats or sheltered housing schemes
You should take extra care when using shared facilities:
- Only use communal laundry facilities during your allocated wash times and don’t take other members of your household with you, unless they can’t be left alone.
- Only use the lifts with members of your own household.
- Don’t use community rooms.
- Don’t gather in groups or meet neighbours on landings, lobbies or stairwells and maintain social distancing at all times.
If you have access to a communal garden, follow social distancing guidelines.
General COVID-19 guidance
For more general COVID-19 advice and guidance visit Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to know.