COVID-19: guidance for council tenants about what we’re doing
COVID-19: guidance for council tenants
Changes to our services, what we’re doing to look after council tenants and the employees that carry out our services, guidance for tenants living in flats or sheltered housing
We're continually monitoring and adapting our services to ensure that we follow government guidance. We are working hard to deliver services, while keeping you and staff safe.
Most of our services are now available, but how we deliver services may be different.
If you're expecting a home visit, we'll contact you before the visit, where possible, to let you know what to expect.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you must tell us before we visit or when we arrive so that we can rearrange the appointment. If it's safe to do so, you should allow us access to your home for safety checks, repairs and maintenance.
Things that may be different when we visit:
- Depending on why we are visiting we may ask if we can talk to you at the front door or via the intercom, rather than coming into the property.
- We would ask that you stay at least 2 metres away from staff.
- In some situations staff may need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
Clear COVID procedures
We have put in place clear procedures for our teams to enable them to work safely and provide services during the pandemic.
Repairs, maintenance and home improvements
We will continue to provide repairs, maintenance and most home improvements as normal during lockdown, although this will be kept under regular review.
There may be delays to non-emergency services if Covid-19 impacts on the availability of staff, contractors or materials. We are very grateful for your patience and understanding as our teams continue to work in challenging conditions.
Continue safety checks
Our teams will continue to make appointments for essential safety checks in your home. These are extremely important and help to keep your home safe.
If you’re having problems paying your rent call us on 0117 922 2200 and we'll do all we can to help. Our phone lines are open 8.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Our HomeChoice lettings service will continue with safety procedures in place.
Caretaking and cleaning
Our caretaking and cleaning services continue with a particular focus on high-touch areas such as handrails and door handles
We continue to support home adaptions, but there is likely to be a delay with installing some home adaptations due to the level of work coming into the team.
Tenants living in blocks of flats or sheltered housing schemes
You should take extra care when using shared facilities:
- Only use communal laundry facilities during your allocated wash times and don’t take other members of your household with you, unless they can’t be left alone.
- Only use the lifts with members of your own household.
- Don’t use community rooms.
- Don’t gather in groups or meet neighbours on landings, lobbies or stairwells and maintain social distancing at all times.
If you have access to a communal garden, follow social distancing guidelines.
General COVID-19 guidance
For more general COVID-19 advice and guidance visit Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to know.