Housing Management Board
What the Housing Managment Board does, details of the meetings, and how to get involved
What is the Housing Managment Board
The Housing Management Board is a forum where tenants meet senior housing managers and councillors to discuss and influence the development and management of council housing services.
The role of the board
- review our business plan
- review our capital and revenue budgets on an annual basis
- reviews draft reports on key decisions taken by the cabinet or council.
- consults and advises the Strategic Director on changes to policies, procedures and practices, as well as significant changes and development proposals
- reviews quarterly performance statistics
Aims of the board
- Work towards the development and improvement of the councils housing management role, including all landlord functions.
- Contribute towards the corporate plans stated intention to improve the way we work - this is so that we can effectively deliver on our priorities and provide high quality services.
- Contribute towards the delivery of the Bristol Partnership, Neighbourhood Renewal and community strategies.
- Promote and assist in the creation of balanced and sustainable communities with a high quality of life where no one is disadvantaged.
- Contribute towards the achievement of our mission statement.
- Make sure tenants are properly involved in all landlord services.
Membership of the board
The board consists of:
- five tenant and leaseholder representatives
- four councillors
- one independent housing professional
Contact your tenant and leasehold representatives
The tenant and leasehold representatives were appointed to the board following a selection process.
If you wish to contact any of the representatives please contact Tenant Participation on 0117 352 1444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and venue of meetings
Venue of the meetings
Meetings take place every six weeks on a Wednesday at City Hall, between 6pm and 8pm. City Hall is fully accessible and anyone is welcome to attend.
Putting a question to the board
If you wish to raise a matter for discussion by the board, providing that it relates to policies or service developments affecting all tenants, please contact Tenant Participation by:
Telephone: 0117 3521444
Letter: Housing Management Board, Tenant Participation, Bristol City Council, PO Box 3176, Bristol, BS3 9FS
Written questions must be received at least three clear working days prior to the meeting.
For copies of papers from previous meetings, please contact Tenant Participation.
Any minutes are draft until approved at the following board meeting.