Housing Strategy and supporting strategies
Bristol Housing Strategy
Our new housing strategy: More than a Roof was adopted by Full Council in December 2015.
It sets out plans to address housing related issues over the period from 2016 to 2020 and focuses on new directions and proposals.
It has a vision that homes are more than just the house itself and it should enable the achievement of a high quality of life and create the opportunity for all to thrive in mixed communities of their choice.
The next steps are to develop the action plan, which will take forward actions from the Bristol Housing Strategy and the Mayor’s Homes Commission, as well as other pieces of housing related work in partnership with other organisations.
As the Mayor announced in his State of the City address, he will be Co-chairing an expanded Homes delivery board, alongside Louise Swain, Executive Director of Curo, one of our principle housing association partners. This board will develop the action plan.
- Bristol Housing Strategy 2016 to 2020 executive summary
- The Preventing Homelessness Strategy 2013 to 2018 (full document) (pdf, 335 KB) (opens new window) (pdf, 335k) (opens new window)
- The Preventing Homelessness Strategy 2013 to 2018 (summary) (pdf, 165 KB) (opens new window) (pdf, 165k) (opens new window)
- The Preventing Homelessness Strategy 2013 to 2018 (appendicies) (pdf, 0.8 MB) (opens new window) (pdf, 812k) (opens new window)
- Bristol Housing Market 2015
- Bristol City Council’s Tenancy Strategy (pdf, 266 KB) (opens new window) (pdf, 266k) (opens new window)
Elsewhere on the web
- Wider Bristol Housing Market Area: Strategic Housing Market Assessment (part 1) Go to https://www.jointplanningwofe.org.uk/gf2.ti/-/636546/17666501.1/PDF/-/SHMA_Vol.1.pdf (opens new window)
- Wider Bristol Housing Market Area: Strategic Housing Market Assessment (part 2) Go to https://www.jointplanningwofe.org.uk/gf2.ti/-/636546/18063973.1/PDF/-/2015_11_16_Wider_Bristol_HMA__Volume_2_FINAL.pdf (opens new window)