Who the Strategic Management team are and what they are responsible for.
The Strategic Management team are the senior managers responsible for running the council.
The team has a Chief Executive and four Strategic Directors who are each responsible for an area in the council called a directorate. The directorates are Neighbourhoods, People, Place and Resources.
Directorates and Directors
Alison Comley is the Strategic Director for Neighbourhoods. She is responsible for:
- management and maintenance of around 28,000 Council Homes in Bristol
- neighbourhoods and communities: the library service in Bristol and neighbourhood partnerships
- public health
- customer services
- co-ordination of Bristol’s response to crime, community safety and anti social behaviour.
- parks and green spaces
call: 0117 353 7860
John Readman is the Strategic Director for People. He is responsible for:
- education and skills
- providing early help and support to families to reduce problems later on
- social care and support for adults including the elderly
- safeguarding vulnerable adults and children
- care and support for children in care
- support for carers
- commissioning services
call: 0117 903 7960
The interim Directors for Place are Alison Comley and Nicki Beardmore.
Alison Comley is responsible for:
- transport including the introduction of Metrobus
Nicki Beardmore is responsible for:
- property which includes managing our 835 buildings and land, the City Docks, property management of 600+ leased properties and facilities management of council buildings
- economy including culture and major projects such as the Arena
Nicki Beardmore is the Interim Strategic Director of Resources. This is resources within Bristol City Council to make services effective and innovative. She is responsible for:
- business change and ICT
- human resources
- legal services
- policy, strategy and communications