Chief Executive and Strategic Managers
Who the Strategic Management team are and what they are responsible for.
The Strategic Management team are the senior managers responsible for running the council.
The team has a Chief Executive and four Strategic Directors who are each responsible for an area in the council called a directorate. The directorates are Neighbourhoods, People, Place and Resources.
Anna Klonowski is the Chief Executive.
Directorates and Directors
Alison Comley is the Strategic Director for Neighbourhoods. She is responsible for:
- management and maintenance of around 28,000 Council Homes in Bristol
- neighbourhoods and communities: the library service in Bristol and neighbourhood partnerships
- public health
- customer services
- co-ordination of Bristol’s response to crime, community safety and anti social behaviour.
- parks and green spaces
call: 0117 353 7860
John Readman is the Strategic Director for People. He is responsible for:
- education and skills
- providing early help and support to families to reduce problems later on
- social care and support for adults including the elderly
- safeguarding vulnerable adults and children
- care and support for children in care
- support for carers
- commissioning services
call: 0117 903 7960
Barra Mac Ruairi is the Strategic Director for Place. He is responsible for:
- economy including culture and major projects such as the Arena
- property which includes managing our 835 buildings and land, the City Docks, property management of 600+ leased properties and facilities management of council buildings
- transport including the introduction of Metrobus
call: 0117 35 25558
The post of Service Director for Resources is currently vacant. This is resources within Bristol City Council to make services effective and innovative. They are responsible for:
- business change and ICT
- human resources
- legal services
- policy, strategy and communications