Upcoming training courses
Upcoming training courses
What training courses we're planning to run, and how to find out more information.
Courses running now
You can check what courses are running at the moment on our training form.
If you can't see the course you want
Email firstname.lastname@example.org telling us which course you're interested in.
Courses we’re planning to run
You can’t book on these courses yet. When the courses are running, you’ll be able to find more details and book using our training booking form.
- to register your interest in one of these courses
- for more information or if you have any questions about these courses
Catering and food hygiene
- Practical Hazard Analysis (HACCP), BCC staff only: you must hold current basic food hygiene certificate or have completed E-learning to do this course. Email email@example.com for details.
- Basic Food Hygiene: this is now an E-Learning course called Food Safety level 1. You can do this course by logging into Learning Pool
- Personal Resilience workshops, BCC staff only
- Interview Skills (for staff who are being interviewed), BCC staff only
Finance and budgets
Training for budget managers, BCC staff only.
Check the training catalogue (pdf, 614KB) (opens new window) to find out who to contact about this course.
Book onto courses running at the moment.
Health and safety
- COSHH and Infection Control, BCC staff only
- Managing Safer Moving and Handling
- Positive Mental Health Awareness and Resilience, BCC staff only
- SMH OT and OTA update
IT and computers
MS Excel Essentials, BCC staff only.
This course runs on demand. Check the training catalogue (pdf, 614KB) (opens new window) to find out how to get your name on the waiting list.
- Conducting an Investigation, BCC managers only
- Financial Awareness, BCC managers only
- Leading Through Change, BCC managers and team leaders in public health only
- Supervision Skills, BCC managers only
- Critical Appraisal
- Dealing with Violence and Aggression
- Difficult Conversations
- Effective Communication Skills
- Equalities Refresher
- Literature Search
- Restorative Approaches
Role or profession specific
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training ASIST
- Assistive Technology Update
- Autism Spectrum Conditions
- Autism Spectrum Conditions and Social Care
- Autism Training for Social Workers: social workers only
- Debt Awareness
- Deprivation of Liberty: BCC 'Adults' staff only
- Direct Payments Day One, an Overview
- DoLS for Managing Authorities: for external participants only
- Enabling Positive Risk
- Getting an Outcomes Approach into Practice (RiPFA): practitioners and managers only
- Introduction to Mental Capacity Act: BCC 'Adults' staff only
- Loss and Bereavement
- Managing Practice Learning: adult and children's social workers only
- MCA and Financial Decisions: BCC 'Adults' staff only
- MCA and Tenancies: BCC 'Adults' staff only
- MCA Compliant Support Plans: BCC 'Adults' staff only
- Person Centred Care
- Person Centred Thinking for Complex Needs
- Responding Effectively to Complaints: BCC team managers and senior practitioners in adults social care
- Strengths based workshop: BCC senior practitioners only
- Supporting Through Change
- Trusted Assessor Induction: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welfare Benefits - Unfit for Work?
- Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP)
- Domestic Violence and Abuse and Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Adults for Provided Service Managers
- Self-neglect and Safeguarding