Upcoming training courses
Upcoming training courses
What training courses we're planning to run, and how to find out more information.
Courses running now
You can check what courses are running at the moment on our training form.
If you can't see the course you want
Email email@example.com telling us which course you're interested in.
Courses we’re planning to run
You can’t book on these courses yet. When the courses are running, you’ll be able to find more details and book using our training booking form.
- to register your interest in one of these courses
- for more information or if you have any questions about these courses
Catering and food hygiene
- Practical Hazard Analysis (HACCP), BCC staff only: you must hold current basic food hygiene certificate or have completed E-learning to do this course. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Basic Food Hygiene: this is now an E-Learning course called Food Safety level 1. You can do this course by logging into Learning Pool
- Personal Resilience workshops, BCC staff only
- Interview Skills (for staff who are being interviewed), BCC staff only
Finance and budgets
Training for budget managers, BCC staff only.
Check the training catalogue (pdf, 616KB) (opens new window) to find out who to contact about this course.
Book onto courses running at the moment.
Health and safety
- COSHH and Infection Control, BCC staff only
- Fire warden training, BCC staff only
- Managing Safer Moving and Handling, Managers and Supervisors in the care sector only
- Positive Mental Health Awareness and Resilience, BCC staff only
- SMH OT and OTA update
IT and computers
MS Excel Essentials, BCC staff only.
This course runs on demand. Check the training catalogue (pdf, 616KB) (opens new window) to find out how to get your name on the waiting list.
- Conducting an Investigation, BCC managers only
- Financial Awareness, BCC managers only
- Leading Through Change, BCC managers and team leaders in public health only
- Supervision Skills, BCC managers only
- Team Leader Development Programme
- Critical Appraisal
- Dealing with Violence and Aggression
- Difficult Conversations
- Effective Communication Skills
- Equalities Refresher
- Literature Search
- Restorative Approaches
Role or profession specific
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training ASIST
- Autism Spectrum Conditions
- Autism Spectrum Conditions and Social Care
- Autism Training for Social Workers: social workers only
- Completing the COPDOL11
- Debt Awareness
- Dementia Training Level 2
- Deprivation of Liberty: BCC 'Adults' staff only
- Direct Payments Overview - Day One: BCC Social Care Practitioners, Social Worker Senior Practitioners and Team Managers Only
- Direct Payments in Practice - Day Two: BCC Social Care Practitioners, Social Worker Senior Practitioners and Team Managers Only
- DoLS for Managing Authorities: for external participants only
- Enabling Positive Risk
- Ethics and Values Masterclass
- Getting an Outcomes Approach into Practice (RiPFA): practitioners and managers only
- Introduction to Mental Capacity Act: BCC 'Adults' staff only
- Learning about Learning Difficulties
- Loss and Bereavement
- Managing Practice Learning: adult and children's social workers only
- Mental Capacity Act
- MCA Compliant Support Plans: BCC 'Adults' staff only
- MCA Finances and Tenacies
- Motivational Interviewing Training: for BCC Social Workers and Social Care Practitioners, OTs and OTAs only
- Person Centred Care
- Person Centred Thinking for Complex Needs
- Promoting reflective practice in supervision: for BCC Managers and Senior Practitioners only
- Responding Effectively to Complaints: BCC team managers and senior practitioners in adults social care
- Strengths based workshop: BCC senior practitioners only
- Supporting Through Change
- Trauma Informed Approaches in Adult Social Care
- Trusted Assessor Induction: email email@example.com
- Trusted Assessor Update
- Domestic Violence and Abuse and Safeguarding Adults
- Self-neglect and hoarding, for BCC social care practitioners, occupational therapists, social workers, senior practitioners and coordinators involved in safeguarding adults practice
- Self-neglect and safeguarding