Services for disabled people
Accessible services in our libraries
All our libraries have:
- Books on prescription.
- Large print books.
- Public access computers with all Microsoft ‘Ease of Access’ accessibility tools including: magnifier, narrator (text to speech), on-screen keyboard, language options, high contrast.
Find out about the services each library has for disabled people.
Use the drop down menu to select the library of your choice.
Central Library: services for disabled people
At home service
Bristol Libraries are now working with the Royal Voluntary Service to provide an 'at home' library service to those who are unable to visit a library themselves.
Please contact us on 07714 898 558 or 07736 825 307 to find out more.
Elsewhere on the web
- Carers and disability benefits Go to https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits/disability (opens new window)
- Disability now - online magazine Go to http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Disability UK Go to http://www.disabilityuk.com/ (opens new window)
- Equality and Human Rights Commission Go to http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/ (opens new window)
- RNIB: supporting blind and partially sighted people Go to http://www.rnib.org.uk (opens new window)