Licences and permits

Property licences for landlords

Some private rented properties need to be licensed before their owners can rent them out.

Taxis and private hire licensing

Drivers, vehicles and operators and how to apply.

Premises licences for alcohol and entertainment

Pay, apply, vary, transfer, appeal or review a premises licence for alcohol and entertainment. Changes to a designated premises supervisor.

Street trading

Information on street trading, renewing or applying for a new street trading consent or licence.

Personal licence for selling alcohol

Sales of alcohol must be made by, or under the authority of, a Personal Licence Holder. Apply for licence.

Temporary event notices

Apply for and guidance for temporary event notices.

Gambling Act 2005 - apply for a licence

Our Statement of Gambling Policy and apply for licence.

House to house collection permit

Apply for a permit to collect money or goods for a charitable purpose door to door.

Fireworks licences

How to apply for a licence to sell fireworks.

Get permission to hold an event on council land

Information about our City Spaces suitable for events and how to apply for permission for an event.

Sexual entertainment venues

Apply for a licence to operate a sexual entertainment venue, or to secure a waiver.

Other licences A to Z

Information about and how to apply for other licences.

Licensing Act 2003 - Register

Register of applications for the grant and variation of premises licences and club premises certificates.

Licensing Committee

The Licensing Committee function, objectives and sub committees.

Licensing policy

Details of our current Statement of Licensing Policy

Licences and the Immigration Act 2016

How the Immigration Act of 2016 applies to licences issued under the Licensing Act 2003 and the types of documents we accept for proof of right to work.