Get permission to hold an event on council land
Parks and open spaces
If you are interested in organising an event in one of our parks or open spaces visit our outdoor event site permission page to submit an application.
Busy 24 hour city centre space close to Harbourside, popular site for commercial promotions, and markets.
- Centre Promenade events guide, including maps and dimensions of the area (pdf, 406k) (opens new window)
- Map of Centre Promenade
- Booking form for Centre Promenade marketing and PR events (pdf, 113k) (opens new window)
- Power and water supplies, three vehicle access points and parking areas
Area bordered by City Hall, Bristol Cathedral and the Central Library, at the foot of Park Street. A more relaxed venue for lower impact events and promotions.
- College Green events guide, including maps and dimensions of the area (pdf, 912k) (opens new window)
- Map of College Green
- No water or power supplies at this site
Large green space in the centre of town bordering Harbourside, Broadmead shopping centre and the Old City. Archaeological remains, attractive gardens, and wooded areas with riverside walks.
St Peter's Square: leafy square at the top of Union Street
Bandstand for small music activities
The Amphitheatre and Waterfront Square
Large open space on the waterfront, part of the old city dock. The sites are at the centre of Harbourside, situated just behind @Bristol.
- Amphitheatre and Waterfront Square events guide, including maps and dimensions of the area (pdf, 1.1MB) (opens new window)
- Map of Amphitheatre and Waterfront Square
- Easy transport access and convenient facilities for visitors
Green Flag park in a central location which regularly hosts outdoor theatre, music concerts, cinema screenings, and other major events. Includes grass areas, gravel pathways with benches, litter bins, pedestrian and cycle access.
- Queen Square events guide, including maps and dimensions of the area (pdf, 382k) (opens new window)
- Map of Queen Square
- Poor drainage in some areas
All filming on these sites will require permitting. See Film Office website or call 0117 922 3958.