Community sports facilities
There are a number of facilities that have community use agreements with the council and these are based at schools, colleges and academies.
These facilities include:
- Ashton Park Sports Centre (Bower Ashton) tel: 0117 377 3300
- The Park Sports Centre (Knowle) tel: 0117 377 3382
- Merchants' Academy Sports Centre (Withywood) tel: 0117 301 5006
The following facilities are operated under the terms of a lease from Bristol City Council:
- Action Indoor Sports (Whitchurch) tel: 0117 903 1434
- South Bristol Sports Centre (Knowle) tel: 0117 903 8681
As part of the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme the following facilities offer community access:
- Brunel Academy Fitness Centre (Speedwell) tel: 0845 643 0717
- Brislington Enterprise College (Brislington) tel: 0845 643 0717
- The Bridge Learning Campus (Hartcliffe) tel: 0845 643 0717
- Bristol Metropolitan College (Fishponds) tel: 0845 643 0717
Building Schools for the Future (BSF) is the largest strategic capital investment programme for schools in over 50 years. It aims to make all secondary schools fit for the 21st century, ensuring that all new facilities built, remodelled or refurbished, facilitate the transformation of learning and teaching.
Specialist sports facilities
Specialist sports facilities are provided across the city. These facilities include:
- City of Bristol Gymnastics Centre (Hartcliffe) tel: 0117 377 3420
- Portway Rugby Development Centre (Sea Mills) tel: 0117 353 2737
- City Academy Athletics Track (Easton) tel: 0117 941 3800
Please contact facilities directly for any enquiries.