Let’s Ride Bristol 2018
Cycling event, 8 July 2018: Let’s Ride Bristol
Information about the Let’s Ride Bristol cycle event and how to join in.
The HSBC UK Let’s Ride Bristol event was held on Sunday 8 July.
3442 people pre-registered to ride and 8,000 people came to the event, a record attendance. The organisers would like to thank local residents and businesses for their patience during road closures.
Register for more HSBC UK Let’s Ride events at: www.letsride.co.uk
You can see photos of the event and competition entries below:
- Let’s Ride pictures at Bristol 247
- Grand Prix pictures on the Bristol Post
- Design a Bike children’s competition entries on flickr
Afternoon event: HSBC UK Let’s Ride Bristol
In the afternoon the Grand Prix route opens up for everyone in the city to ride, traffic-free. Approximately 6km of the circular route will be available to ride at your own pace.
- Map of the Let's Ride Bristol Festival (pdf, 1.1MB) (opens new window)
- Let's Ride Bristol animation on youtube
The yellow YoBikes will also be available on the day. To ride one, sign up for the YoBike smartphone app. A free, six-hour ride is available from YoBike for Bristol’s Let’s Ride. If you register for the event by 12pm Friday you’ll also have a chance to win a Go Pro camera.
For access, entry points will be available along the course of the route, with adapted bikes available to book for disabled people and many community organisations represented during the day.
- read about YoBike Bristol’s dock-less hire bikes and smartphone app (pdf, 395KB) (opens new window) . Don’t miss out on the Let’s Ride and YoBike free ride offer.
- read how Bristol’s cyclists enjoy biking for health and pleasure (pdf, 310KB) (opens new window)
Morning event: Bristol cycling Grand Prix
The Bristol Grand Prix will race a 6.4km circular route (pdf, 2.8MB) (opens new window) .
The various team races form Round 2 of the HSBC UK Grand Prix Series:
- 8am: Men’s (3/4)
- 8.55am: 2018 Women’s Bristol Grand Prix (E/1/2/3)
- 9.50am: Sponsor relay
- 10.30am: 2018 Bristol Grand Prix (E/1/2)
These events are for elite riders and teams. Find out more or apply to race at the Bristol Grand Prix website.
Design a Dream Bike competition
The Mayor invites all schools and families to register for Let’s Ride and take part in a ‘Design a Dream Bike’ competition for the chance to win an iPad and other prizes for yourself or your family.
How to take part:
- register for let’s ride and add children as additional riders under your registration
- download the design a bike template and instructions from the Let’s Ride Bristol page
- have fun colouring and designing your bike with friends or family.
- scan or photograph your bike design and send to email@example.com.
- You must be registered for a chance to win
Event advice and road closures
Find out what Roads in the city centre will be closed in order to allow cyclists to travel around traffic free.
Please consider leaving the car at home on the day and use bikes or public transport. If you must drive into Bristol, all our car parks will be open on Sunday 8 July, except College Street car park and The Grove car park.
The closest car parks to the event on College Green are:
- Trenchard Street Car Park (multi-storey)
- Rupert Street NCP (multi-storey)
- The Galleries Car Park (multi-storey)
- Broadmead NCP (multi-storey)
- Bristol Temple Meads Car Park (open air)