Business and customer permits: resident's parking scheme (RPS)
If your business has a premises in an RPS area, you can apply for business and customer permits.
Delays processing postal permit applications
We can give you temporary cover to park in your scheme area if your application is received and is correct.
To arrange cover wait for 5 working days after you’ve applied and then call 0117 922 2600.
If you're renewing your permit your expired permit will remain valid for 6 weeks after the printed expiry date.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience.
Business permits are for operational vehicles that are insured for business use.
You can have two vehicles on each permit so you can swap the permit between the vehicles. It will only cover one vehicle at a time.
Customer permits can be used by any vehicle.
How many permits you can get
Businesses can apply for up to seven permits. This is different for Clifton Village.
You can get any combination of business and customer permits, up to seven in total.
Get business and customer permits
There are different application forms depending on where your business is located.
If you don't know which area you're in, enter your postcode and select your address on our My Neighbourhood service.
- Easton and St Philips: business and customer permit application
- Clifton Village: business and customer permit application
- All other RPS areas: business and customer permit application (pdf, 78k) (opens new window)
Cost of permits
- business permits are £240 a year
- customer permits are £250 a year
Businesses in receipt of small business rate relief, based on a rateable value of less than £12,001, can get a discount:
- Discounted business permit: £140 a year
- Discounted customer permit: £150 a year
If you pay by quarterly instalments we'll send you a permit that lasts for three months. We'll send your new one once we get your next payment.
You can pay:
- using our online paying system
- by sending a cheque/postal order payable to Bristol City Council, with your name and address written on the back
- in cash at a Citizen Service Point
Renew your business and customer permits
You'll need to complete and submit an application form three weeks before your permit expires.