Support and resources for local community groups
Support we're giving to community groups and how to find your nearest community notice board
Support from us
Since Neighbourhood Partnerships have ended we're providing some support to help set up new community-led arrangements for the future.
If you want to find out about your local community-led arrangements or who covers your area, check your neighbourhood partnership's page.
If you don't know what ward you're in you can use our ward finder.
We’ve been working with communities so that they can continue to have a voice and influence local decisions.
The Building Stronger Communities (pdf, 470k) (opens new window) document lists:
- what support has been given to local groups
- possible future support
Our Community Spaces Checklist (pdf, 130k) (opens new window) can help organisations make community spaces as welcoming and inclusive as possible.
Local noticeboards are often the best place to find information on what's happening in your area.
The Neighbourhood Charter
The Neighbourhood Charter is currently being updated. This version is the most recently released version prior to Neighbourhood Partnerships ending.
Our Neighbourhood Charter (pdf, 1.2MB) (opens new window) includes:
- the services that we and other organisations provide in your local area
- what you can expect from these services
- how you can influence what is delivered
- what you can do to help make your neighbourhood better
- information about how to report things you may be concerned about