Form Runner


Some domestic buildings are exempt from control under the Building Regulations.  

You can use this form to give us some details so that we can determine whether a submission is required.  Once we have determined whether or not the works are controlled we'll contact you.
Building Regulations and Standards: The Building Act 1984, The Building Regulations 2010

You need to tell us the works addressThe consent of the Public Water Utility Company may be required if you're building over, or close to, a public sewer.
You need to give us a description of the worksFor example shed, conservatory, extension, detached garage, removing a wall etc.

You need to tell us your full name
You need to tell us your postcode
You need to tell us your phone number
You need a valid email

For example timber with concrete tiles or steel with polycarbonate.
For example rendered cavity masonry walls or timber frame with shiplap boarding.
Length x width = m2
Distance at closest point (m). If your proposals involve works to, or near to, a party wall or boundary, The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 may apply to you.
Is there an external grade door separating the extension from your house?

You can upload any supporting documents or plans to show the work you plan to do.
Do you have any documents or plans?
You need to tell us if you have any supporting documents or plansFor example a sketch of your proposal.
Remove File
Remove File
Remove File
Remove File
Remove File

Planning permission
This form relates only to works that may be exempt from Building Regulations. You should seek separate advice on whether you’ll need planning permission
General Data Protection Regulation
The information you've entered on this form will be held in a database and will be handled by the department concerned. Your personal details will only be used to process your request and will not be passed to any other organisations. 
Found draft
Found draft
Found drafts
Existing form data found
Form Submitted
Review Form Validation Messages
Unable to complete action