What we're doing to delay the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) at our crematoria and what you can do to help us.
Many of our customers are concerned about the impact coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on their funeral service at South Bristol and Canford crematoria.
Following Government and Public Health England guidance we've introduced measures to help prevent the spread of the virus and protect citizens using the services.
What we're doing
- streaming the service for family and friends who can't attend
- keeping an enhanced cleaning regime in our chapels
- providing hand sanitiser at our entrances and exits
- encouraging orders of service have the hymns printed in them
We're working hard to maintain bereavement services in Bristol.
We'll continue to review government and Public Health England guidelines on large gatherings and share updates as soon as possible.
What you can do
To help with social distancing you:
- can drop paperwork off at our letter box
- should try to use email and phone calls rather than a face to face meeting
If you need to meet a member of staff in person, make an appointment using the contact details below.
You should not attend a funeral or visit any of our sites if you:
- have tested positively for coronavirus
- are self-isolating
If the deceased has passed away because of coronavirus
In the case of funerals of individuals who have passed away due to the coronavirus, we'll use our discretion to determine when services can take place.
- Phone: 0117 903 8280 or 0117 903 8330
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can get more public health advice on the NHS page about coronavirus.