How to verify your identity for the EU Settlement Scheme if you can't do it online.

If you're an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you want to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Find out more about the EU settlement scheme and how to apply online on GOV.UK

You'll need a compatible Android phone or tablet if you want to scan your identity document yourself, this can be your own phone or tablet or someone else's.

Identity verification at the Citizen Service Point

If your mobile phone or other device doesn't have near field communication (NFC) you can bring your ID document to us. We'll scan and verify your ID. You will then be able to make an application for pre-settled or settled status.

You'll need to bring:

  • your current valid biometric EU, EEA or Swiss passport or a valid Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) for family members of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
  • a mobile phone that can receive text messages or a device that can receive email

There's no charge for the verification. Each person or family member needs to attend the appointment so that we can verify them.

We won't need to keep your ID document and in most cases you should not be asked to send your passport anywhere else for your application. If you've already tried to use the App but your document failed to verify, we won't be able to verify it.

If your application is successful the Home Office will email you a link to an online service that you can use to view and prove your status.