The government advice for parents, guardians and carers of a child or young person in early years, school or college.

Visit What parents and carers need to know about early years providers, schools and colleges (GOV.UK) page for information and advice. 

This information is for children and young people in:

  • registered childcare providers (including nurseries and childminders)
  • primary and secondary schools (including independent schools, maintained schools, academy trusts, free schools and special schools)
  • colleges (for the purposes of this guidance ‘colleges’ means publicly funded sixth form and further education colleges, independent training providers and special post-16 institutions)