Where to find guidance for staying physically and mentally well during coronavirus (COVID-19).
Public Health England has information about what can help your mental health and wellbeing during coronavirus (COVID-19).
You can also get advice and support from:
- Bristol Mind
- call 0808 808 0330 for emotional support, open 7pm to 11pm
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 980 0370 for information about services, open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.30pm
- The Samaritans, call 116 123, open 24 hours a day
- the Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, call 0300 303 1320, open 24 hours a day
- the NHS One You website
- the Listening Chaplaincy, call 0330 229 1700, 8am to 11pm
Find more mental health support services in Bristol through:
Mental wellbeing support for young people
Children and young people can get support from:
- Young Minds
- The Mix
- Off the Record: free confidential support for 11 to 25 year olds
- Kooth: free online counselling and support for 11 to 18 year olds
Young Minds also has guidance for parents and cares about talking to children and young people about Coronavirus.
Bristol's SEND Local Offer website has guide to mental health and wellbeing for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities.
Support for older people
Age UK has a support hub to help older people in Bristol and their families cope with the impact of coronavirus.
Support for carers
Organisations in Bristol that provide help and services for carers.
Support with bereavement
The National Bereavement Partnership has a helpline for people who've lost loved ones or whose loved ones are ill in hospital or other care settings: 0800 448 0800.
Find organisations in Bristol that offer support with bereavement.
Activity and exercise
The NHS recommends you:
- get at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week (20 to 30 minutes a day)
- do strengthening and balance exercises at least 2 days a week
Find ideas for being active at home on:
You could try:
- brisk walking
- the Couch to 5k plan
Government guidance says you must try to stay 2 metres away from other people when you exercise outside.
Get guidance on healthy eating from:
Get help with food if you're shielding, self isolating or experiencing a financial crisis.
Relationships, domestic abuse and sexual violence
Get help if you or someone you know is a victim of abuse of violence.
Relate has advice for relationships during coronavirus.
Alcohol and drug use
Get support for alcohol or drug use.
Alcohol Change UK has information about accessing alcohol support during coronavirus.
Where to find support to stop smoking.