Bristol Childminding Network
The Bristol Childminding Network provides a structure of support and access to professional development, with a shared aim, between the local authority and network member, to continuously reflect and improve on practice.
Network membership is free and automatic for all registered childminders and their assistants.
- An initial home visit
- Pre-inspection support visits
- Visits, on request, offering recommendations on practice development
- Professional development through the Bristol Standard quality improvement process
- Access to funding for eligible two year olds and the Free Early Education Entitlement for three and four year olds
- The opportunity to become an Enhanced Provision childminder, providing a service to vulnerable children, working with the support of a Placement Officer.
- Advice on special educational needs and disabilities from the network SENCO and a well stocked Inclusion Resource Library
- A programme of professional development (pdf, 280k) (opens new window) reflecting the training needs of childminders
- A newsletter and briefings on current issues and events
- proformas and guideline policies are available on the Bristol Early Years website for practitioners
Children’s centre support for childminders
All childminders are linked to a local children’s centre and an outreach Lead Teacher, who support their professional development.
The local children’s centre provides access to other services and opportunities for children and childminders, including Forest School, childminiding groups and local training sessions for early years professionals.
For further information on any of the above contact us on 0117 357 4192 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elsewhere on the web
- Foundation Years Go to http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Ofsted website Go to http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/ (opens new window)
- PACEY (formerly NCMA) Go to http://www.pacey.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Morton Michel - Childcare Insurance Specialist Go to http://www.mortonmichel.com/ (opens new window)
- HMRC Webinars Go to http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/webinars/self-employed.htm (opens new window)