Continuing professional development for schools
These web pages have been designed to provide the school’s workforce with easy access to information on a range of professional development opportunities. Links on this page will give you information on a range of training and development programmes delivered by the council or other providers.
Trading with Schools (TwS) offers a comprehensive Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme through its new business. Visit the TwS website training pages.
If you can't find what you are looking for you may want to try an external company that provides professional development training. A list of some companies who have signed our code of good practice is available on this page. Please contact these companies directly.
Additional health and safety, safeguarding and first aid information and courses are also available on their own page.
- Code of Practice for External Providers of CPD (msword, 143 KB) (word doc, 144k) (opens new window)
- South Gloucestershire Council CPD Programme 2011-12 (pdf, 2.0 MB) (pdf, 2MB) (opens new window)
- School CPD Leadership Self-Assessment Toolkit (msword, 146 KB) (word doc, 146k) (opens new window)
- Example CPD Policy (msword, 82 KB) (word doc, 82k) (opens new window)
- Example CPD Job Description (msword, 79 KB) (word doc, 80k) (opens new window)
- Bristol External Providers of Sc (word doc, 83k) (opens new window)