Public Health is working within the council to help you stay healthy at every stage of life.
There’s a whole host of free services available in Bristol ranging from help with weight loss, exercise and stopping smoking to support for mental wellbeing and access to substance misuse services.
To help make these services more accessible we’ve produced a free services leaflet (pdf, 392 KB) (opens new window) (pdf, 393k) (opens new window) with all the contacts that you might need.
Information on the NHS Choices website
Healthy living for everyone
- Alcohol and drinking - information on units and advice on how to cut down
- 5 steps to happiness and wellbeing
- Fitness - includes free video and interactive tools
- Heart health
- Living with a condition
- Sexual health
- Tips to lose weight safely
- Accessing medicines out of hours
- Falls - prevention
- Healthy eating self-assessment
Public health privacy notice
We have a duty to improve the health and wellbeing of Bristol residents. To help with this, we collect, use and share sensitive personal health and wellbeing data from a range of sources including hospitals and birth/death registrations. This helps us understand more about the nature and causes of disease and ill-health in the area.
Elsewhere on the web
- Change4Life Go to http://www.nhs.uk/Change4Life/Pages/change-for-life.aspx (opens new window)
- Findability Go to http://www.findability.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Get Active Wesport Go to http://getactive.wesport.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Happy City Bristol Go to http://www.happycity.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Alzheimer's Society Go to http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Smokefree Bristol Go to http://www.smokefreebristol.com (opens new window)
- 4YP Bristol - health services for young people Go to http://www.4ypbristol.co.uk (opens new window)
- Recovery orientated alcohol and drugs services (ROADS) Go to http://www.bdp.org.uk/about/roads.html (opens new window)
- Bristol against violence and abuse (BAVA) Go to http://www.bava.org.uk/ (opens new window)