Walking for Health
Walking for health
What is Walking for Health Bristol?
Walk for Health Bristol is an initiative which supports Bristol’s diverse communities to become more active through walking.
How to get involved
- Led walks: join a local walking group
- Measured routes: walk a planned route around some of local parks
- Volunteering: lead walks across the city
- Start up your own group: Download our Walking for Health guidelines (pdf, 41 KB) (opens new window) (pdf, 42KB) (opens new window) to provide you with the information you need to start your own group
- Ramblers Routes With over 100 easy access Bristol walks (0.5 to 3 miles in length) available to download as well as longer routes
- Bristol walking routes from TravelWest A series of walks developed by Bristol Ramblers. The walks are a great way to discover the city and it's history
- walkit The urban walking route planner
- Bristol Walk Fest: Bristol's once a year walking festival
Already a volunteer? Visit our walk leader resource area
Why get involved?
Walking is the most accessible form of physical activity with many physical and mental health benefits. It’s also a great way of getting to know your local neighbourhood and making new friends.
Who can get involved?
- Anyone of any ability wanting to get more physically active in a safe, enjoyable way.
- Health and community organisations wishing to develop their own walking initiative for clients or staff
Elsewhere on the web
- Age Concern Bristol Go to http://www.ageuk.org.uk/bristol/ (opens new window)
- Parkrun Go to http://www.parkrun.com/ (opens new window)
- Bristol Ramblers Go to http://www.bristolramblers.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Bristol Nordic Walking Go to http://www.bristolnordicwalking.co.uk (opens new window)
- Living Streets Go to http://www.livingstreets.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Mendip Hills Go to http://www.mendiphillsaonb.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Nordic Walking Go to http://nordicwalking.co.uk/ (opens new window)
- Ordnance Survey Go to http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/ (opens new window)
- Ramblers Go to http://www.ramblers.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Sustrans Go to http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Walk England Go to http://www.walkengland.org.uk/ (opens new window)
- Walk4Life Go to http://www.walk4life.info/ (opens new window)
- Woodland Trust Go to http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/Pages/default.aspx# (opens new window)
- Brunel Walking Go to http://brunelwalking.org.uk/index.php (opens new window)
- Link Age Go to http://www.linkagebristol.org.uk (opens new window)