Abandoned or nuisance vehicles

Abandoned or nuisance vehicles

Report an abandoned motor vehicle, or vehicles being sold or repaired on a road or pavement.

Call 999 to report a vehicle on fire, being vandalised or having parts removed.

Call 101 if you think a vehicle is at risk of being set on fire or vandalised.

Abandoned vehicle on a road or pavement

Check if the vehicle is taxed through GOV.UK.

If the vehicle is untaxed

If the vehicle has been untaxed for at least a month and has been in the same position for at least two months, report it to us.

If the vehicle is untaxed but is still being used, report it to the DVLA.

If the vehicle is taxed

If the vehicle is taxed but is badly damaged, so likely to have been abandoned, report it to us. Damage could include flat tyres, missing wheels, broken windows or a missing registration plate, or it could be burnt out.

If you can't check if a vehicle is taxed or not, because for example, it's burnt out, report it to us.

Report an abandoned vehicle

Before we can remove an abandoned vehicle we:

  • must try to contact the owner
  • will leave a notice on the vehicle for 15 days, warning that it'll be removed if no one claims it

Abandoned vehicle in a park or open space

Use the report a problem in a park form.

Abandoned vehicle on your property

To get an abandoned vehicle removed from your property, you must first:

If, after doing these two things, the vehicle is still on your property, you can report it to us.

Vehicles being sold or repaired

Tell us if someone is causing a nuisance by:

  • regularly repairing vehicles on a road or pavement
  • selling two or more cars, within 500 metres of each other

Call us on 0117 922 2100 or email