Local Highways Maintenance Challenge Fund
This Fund is to enable local highway authorities in England to bid for major maintenance projects that are otherwise difficult to fund through the normal Needs Based Formula funding they receive.
There's £75 million funding available in 2017/18 through a bidding round. It's expected around 10 schemes in England will be funded.
The types of project eligible for funding include:
- major maintenance, strengthening or renewal of bridges, tunnels, retaining walls or other structures
- major maintenance or renewal of carriageways (roads)
- manor maintenance or renewal of footways or cycleways
- major maintenance or renewal of drainage assets
Our bids in 2017 /18
We're submitting two bids for funding for 2017 /18.
Highway maintenance is a key issue in the West of England and both of these bids will deliver significant road condition and resilience improvements. Both bids are considered extremely important to the sub region so we're working with neighbouring local authorities.
Our funding bids are:
- A4 and A4174 strategic routes scheme (pdf, 592k) (opens new window)
- Flood resilience project (pdf, 408k) (opens new window)
The full applications can be viewed on the Travel West website.