Your road may not be suitable for playing out. We may refuse your application if it'll have a significant impact on traffic or if it's on a non-residential road.
Each closure must be supervised at all times by a responsible and clearly identifiable adult. Read the below terms and conditions carefully before continuing with your application.
- make sure that we receive your application at least six weeks before the date of the first event otherwise we won't be able to process it
- make sure you give all the information requested on the form
- attach a street plan of your event and a copy of your resident consultation letter to prevent delays
Bristol City Council can't guarantee that a Temporary Play Street Order (TPSO) will be made and any TPSO made under this application will be revoked if any of the following conditions are not met:
- You must pay to the council the full costs of any damage to the highway or street furniture or other loss or damage suffered by it and of any claims made against it as a result of the making of the TPSO and which arise from your negligence. We recommend that you take out Public Liability Insurance for the duration of your road closure.
- Any Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) or other statutory provision which is currently in force on the road or roads to be closed will remain in force during the closure unless specified to the contrary on the Legal Order.
- If needed you must clean the street in order to return it to its condition prior to the closure. This must be done before the road is reopened.
- No closure can last longer than three hours.
- A TPSO is made entirely for the purposes of children’s play and may not involve the placement of any structure on the highway during its use.
- No activity requiring any form of license under the Licensing Act 2003 may be undertaken when the TPSO is in force.
- Access for vehicles, residents and businesses must be maintained during any closure period.
- On-street parking can't be refused or restricted other than through an existing Traffic Regulation Order.
- The road or roads may only be closed on the dates and times specified within the TPSO.
- Each closure must be supervised at all times by a responsible and clearly identifiable adult.
A TPSO application is free. However there may be costs associated to the hiring of barriers and signs.