Ports and harbours
Welcome to Bristol Harbour – one of Britain’s most beautiful and historic ports
Bristol Harbour has great facilities for visiting mariners and boat owners as well as a host of watersport and recreation activities.
These pages contain comprehensive information on:
- navigation into and around Bristol Harbour from the sea via Cumberland Basin, or from as far upstream as Netham Locks and the Kennet and Avon Canal.
- long and short-term moorings in the centre of Bristol close to all city centre facilities.
- offers full technical, environmental and waste services to visiting mariners and boat owners.
- offers a host of watersport and recreation activities.
- is home to dozens of clubs, societies, attractions, hotels, bars, restaurants and places of interest.
- is the focus for the city’s outdoor event programme each summer culminating in the Bristol Harbour Festival.
Navigation and berthing fees
See our navigation and berthing fees for full costs.
The original boat safety certificate must accompany the application for a navigation and berthing licence. This is not applicable to canoes/manually propelled and dinghies.
Activities within Bristol Harbour
Please check our local notices to mariners for details of works being undertaken and activities which may affect your visit to Bristol Harbour.
We hope you enjoy your visit and will make the most of the first class facilities available for water-based craft.