How to apply
How to apply for the Bristol Eating Better Award
What information you need before you apply, how to apply, what happens next.
Before you apply
You’ll need to:
- know about the working practices of your kitchen, for example what ingredients and cooking methods you use: after each question, we’ll ask you to tell us a bit about how you do the action
- have permission, from the owner of the business, to make any agreed changes
- know an estimate of how many customers you serve in a day
Apply for the award
Use our online form to apply.
You can use our printable example form (pdf, 431KB) (opens new window) to help you plan your online application.
"I was really pleased to hear that there was an award here in Bristol recognising the efforts that we make to create a balanced and healthier menu."
Ruth Christianson, Maize Blaze
What happens next
After you submit your application, we’ll work out the results and get in touch with you within two weeks.
If you’re successful, we’ll send you an award pack with:
- a window sticker for your business
- a Bristol Eating Better Award logo to use on your website or elsewhere
- a hard copy of your certificate with what you’re doing or are going to do to make your food healthier and more sustainable
- a PDF of your certificate
- a letter setting out the terms and conditions of the award
- add your business to the awarded businesses page on our website
- promote your business on our social media channels
How long the award is for
The award lasts for one year. You’ll need to reapply for it when it runs out.
You can email us at email@example.com for a copy of your previous application if you need it.