Our fostering events, how to book a place on one, and how to stay up to date with upcoming events.
We’re Coming to You
We’re running informal local information events with foster carers and care leavers from your community.
The events will take place on:
- Wednesday 30 January, 6pm to 7.30pm: Filwood Community Centre, Barnstaple Rd, Bristol, BS4 1JP
- Thursday 28 February, 6pm to 7.30pm: Meadowvale Community Centre, 42 Meadow Vale, Bristol, BS5 7RF
- Thursday 14 March, 6pm to 7.30pm: St Pauls Learning Centre, 94 Grosvenor Rd, Bristol, BS2 8XJ
You don't need to book. Refreshments will be provided.
Fostering information evenings
We have information evenings on fostering every six weeks, in central Bristol. At these sessions, you’ll learn about:
- the children who need fostering in Bristol
- the process of becoming a foster carer
- the skills and qualities you need to become a carer
- the rewards and realities of fostering from a foster carer
At the end of the evening, you can talk to one of the foster carers who will be there. You can also talk to us.
Dates and times
- 16 January 2019
- 4 March 2019
- 23 April 2019
- 5 June 2019
- 18 July 2019
- 4 September 2019
- 14 October 2019
- 28 November 2019
If you want to come along to the next evening, email us at email@example.com, or call us on 0117 353 4200.
We regularly have an information stand at community events and fairs.
Come along for a chat, and ask us any questions you might have about fostering with us.
If you’d rather, you can pick up some of our leaflets and other information to read at home.
We publish the details of these events on this page.
Follow us on Facebook
You can keep up to date with what our Fostering team is up to and get alerts about fostering information events on our Facebook Events page.