Get help from a Health Improvement Advisor
Our Health Improvement Advisors work in communities across Bristol that have the greatest needs.
What we do
We give advice and practical support on:
- healthy eating and weight loss
- quitting smoking, including local stop smoking services
- being physically active, including gym referrals on prescription
- other local services that may help you
- visiting new places and groups
You can either have one to one support or join one of our support groups.
How to access the service
The service is friendly, free and everything you discuss will be kept confidential.
Fill in our self referral form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
What we do when we meet you
At the first meeting we listen and talk with you about what support we can offer.
We'll agree a goal to work on and make a plan of how you will do this.
We may have up to six meetings, either face to face, or over the phone.
Areas we cover
The areas we cover are:
- Inner City - Easton, Lawrence Hill, Barton Hill and St. Paul's
- South Bristol - Knowle West and Hartcliffe
The Healthy Living Advisors for people with learning disabilities cover the whole of Bristol.