Find out why physical activity is so important for health and how to get involved in activities in Bristol.
Move more in Bristol
Being more active can bring you many health benefits for both your body and mind.
There are lots of ways you can fit activity into your day by yourself or with friends and family.
Try walking groups, couch to 5k beginners running sessions or visit one of sports and leisure centres. There’s something to suit all ages and abilities.
- Walk for Health Bristol
- Sports and fitness
- Family Cycling Centre in Hengrove
- Bristol Walkfest 2017
- European City of Sport
Exercise Referral Schemes
We have a variety of exercise referral programmes in Bristol.
These programmes are suitable for people with:
- low or medium risk health conditions
- long-term mental illness, people with heart conditions, or breathing difficulties
- MS or Parkinson’s
- those who have completed cancer treatment or suffered a stroke
See our exercise referral programmes page for more information.
Elsewhere on the web
- NHS: couch to 5k app Go to https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/apps#bo18uhQXIdBTmyb5.97 (opens new window)
- NHS: moving more Go to https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/moving#6bjbZjtuQ5qLi9ua.97 (opens new window)
- NHS: fitness at home Go to http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Fitness/Pages/Fitnesshome.aspx (opens new window)
- NHS: why you should be active Go to http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/whybeactive.aspx (opens new window)
- NHS: physical activity guidelines for adults Go to http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/fitness/pages/physical-activity-guidelines-for-adults.aspx (opens new window)