- Apply links menu
- Adult learning course list
- Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction
- Allotments list
- Jobs at the Council
- Bus pass
- Library membership
- Carer's assessment
- Council housing services
- Planning applications
- Council tax and business rates
- Property licence
- Disabled parking
- Recycling and waste services
- Free school meals
- School places
- HomeChoice Bristol
- Social services assistance
- Pay links menu
- Report links menu
- My Account links menu
Within the heart of Ashton Court Estate lie two 18-hole par 3 golf courses - The Plateau course and The Lodge course which provide a challenge for the novice or seasoned golfer and welcomes all age groups and abilities. With great views over Bristol and North Somerset, golf at Ashton Court Estate makes for the perfect family day out.
- Download the golf course scorecard (pdf, 309 KB) (opens new window)
- Download our pro's hole-by-hole guide (pdf, 328 KB) (opens new window)
- Two 18-hole par 3 golf courses
- The Plateau course 2663 yards - par 54
- The Lodge course 2365 yards - par 54
- Pay and play (no bookings or dress code required)
- Golf course kiosk
- Cafe with indoor and outdoor seating
- Public toilets
- Free equipment hire
Cycle hire is not currently available. Options for this facility are being considered.
- Pay and display car park with dedicated golfers parking bays.
- 7am to dusk (including Bank holidays)
- 8am to dusk (January and February, weekends only)
The closing time for the golf course, and last club hire time, varies daily depending on the season, weather and how busy the course is. This decision is made by the course duty manager and is final. Please note the park closing times are seasonally fixed and can vary from the course closing times. Park closing times are available on the website or notice boards on entering the estate:
- The daily closing time is displayed at the course or please contact us on the day.
- Please allow 2+ hours before the course closing time to get a full round of golf in.
- All hire clubs must be returned by the course closing time.
- If you plan to hire clubs, we advise phoning on the day to confirm club return time.
- Adults £6.50
- Adults with 'everyone active' card £6
- Juniors/OAPs £5
- Juniors/OAPs with 'everyone active' card £4.50
- Students £6 (valid with any student card)
- £5 refundable deposit for equipment hire (a hire set consists of a 5 or 7 iron and a putter - left hand, ladies and juniors available)
- Balls 80p each
- Tees 20p for six
- Pencils 20p
- Penalty charge - for use of golf course without current scorecard £20 in addition to green fee charge.
Junior rates apply to anyone under 16 years old and senior citizen rates apply to anyone aged 61 or over. Groups, societies and corporate parties welcome - please contact us for more information.
Ashton Court golf course is close to the centre of Bristol, situated just minutes from Clifton Suspension Bridge.
- By car - enter Ashton Court Estate through Clifton Lodge situated on the A369 Bristol - Portishead Road.
- By bus - the 358/359 bus service stops directly outside Clifton Lodge.
- By foot/bike - the entrance is half a mile from Clifton’s famous Suspension Bridge.
We've compiled a list of Ashton Court golf course frequently asked questions (pdf, 50 KB) (opens new window).
The idea of a new pavilion was consulted on as part of the original proposals put forward for the funding bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund in 2004. We are now able to take this important improvement forward. The original idea has moved on with the new proposal providing for cycling and golf use of the estate. If you would like to take a look at the supporting plans and sketches, please refer to the documents below: