What the SEND Local Offer is, what our responsibilities are and information about this website.
Our SEND Local Offer website is a single place of information about services and support for children and young people from birth to 25 years old who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND), and for their families and carers.
All councils must publish a Local Offer. We must tell you what support is available for families of children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).
Our Local Offer website is for:
- parents and carers
- children and young people
- practitioners and professionals
Who live, go to school or work in the Bristol City Council area.
Our Local Offer website has information on:
• services available to everybody, such as schools and children's healthcare
• short term support and services for children and young people without an Educational, Health and Care (EHC) plan
• specialist services and longer term specialised support for children with SEND
Find out about why we have a Local Offer.
What we must do
We have to tell you:
- what services are available across education, health and social care
- who the services are for
- how to access the services
You can find the legal requirements about who is required to do what in:
- sections 27, 28, 30, 32, 41, 49 and 51 to 57 of the Children and Families Act 2014 Go to http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2014/6/contents/enacted (opens new window)
- section 4 of the SEND Code of Practice 2015 Go to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/send-code-of-practice-0-to-25 (opens new window)
- the Care Act 2014 Go to http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2014/23/contents/enacted (opens new window)
- the Mental Capacity Act 2005 Go to https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2005/9/contents (opens new window)
- the Equality Act 2010 Go to https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents (opens new window)
If you haven't got internet access at home, Bristol Libraries provide free computer and internet access, as well as free wifi.
About this website
We're developing our SEND Local Offer website with parents, carers, and children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities to help you easily find all the information and advice you need.
Get advice about website accessibility on the Bristol City Council website.
We may be able to provide the documents on this website in another language email firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll need to tell us which document from the Local Offer website you need translated and which language you need it translated to.