What are Children Missing Education (CME) and tell us about a child missing education.
Children missing education (CME) are children of compulsory school age who:
- aren't on a school roll, and
- aren't getting a suitable education other than at school
CME doesn't apply to children who are registered at a school but aren't attending regularly.
Before you fill in a form
If you're a school staff member you must read the:
- pdf Children Missing Education BCC Guidance (1.04 MB) for adding and deleting pupils from roll at non-standard transition points
- pdf Ethnicity Codes document (102 KB)
The CME guidance does not apply to members of the public or other professionals.
Tell us about a child missing education
Use this form when:
- the pupil has moved out of the area and you have confirmation of their new address
- a parent has contacted your school about a place for a child living in Bristol who's not already on a school roll, and your school can't offer a place
- you have reason to believe that a child living in Bristol doesn't have a school place
Independent schools only: use this form before deleting a pupil from roll, when the child:
- is no longer a pupil at your school and
- hasn't started in a new school
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0117 352 1438