Key information from the 2021 Census for Bristol.
First results from Census 2021
The usual resident population of Bristol Local Authority was 472,400 on Census Day, 21 March 2021.
The first results for Bristol are presented in our Census 2021 dashboard and in a pdf pdf summary of the first results for Bristol (341 KB) .
Census 2021 results for Bristol
A summary of Census 2021 results for Bristol will be presented in the Census 2021 Dashboard with topics being added as the census data is released.
More detailed statistics for small geographies will be presented in a new Key Statistics Profiles dashboard. This new dashboard will include:
- area profiles: all census indicators for a selected geographic area
- topic profiles: an individual indicator mapped across the city
The Key Statistics Profiles should be available from the end of November 2022. Topics will be added as the census data is released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The Census maps Go to https://www.ons.gov.uk/census/maps?lad=E06000023 (opens new window) interactive tool lets you explore Census 2021 data across England and Wales right down to a local neighbourhood level.
ONS will release Topic Summaries in the following order:
- Demography and migration: 2 November 2022
- UK armed forces veterans: 10 November 2022
- Ethnic group, national identity, language, and religion: 29 November 2022
- Labour market and travel to work: 8 December 2022
- Housing: 5 January 2023
- Sexual orientation and gender identity: 6 January 2023
- Education: 10 January 2023
- Health, disability, and unpaid care: 19 January 2023
For more details on the individual tables to be released for each topic, see Phase 1 Release Topic Summaries (pdf, 207 KB).
For the latest information on publication plans go to the ONS Census 2021 outputs release plans.
Go to the 2011 Census page for statistics, local area profiles, equalities profiles and background information.