Key information from the 2021 Census for Bristol.
Census 2021 results for Bristol
Bristol Census 2021 results are presented via 2 new dashboards:
- Headline Census 2021 results for Bristol overall are presented in the Census 2021 Dashboard.
- Detailed data for areas within Bristol are in the Bristol Census Data Profiles dashboard.
The new Census Data Profiles dashboard includes:
- Area Profiles: all census indicators for a selected geographic area
- Topic Profiles: an individual indicator mapped across the city
Topics now available in both Dashboards include:
- Population and migration
- Country of birth, ethnicity, religion and language
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Health, disability and carers
- Economic activity status and hours worked
- Socio-economic groups, industry and occupation
- Mode and distance travelled to work
- Housing type and tenure
- Central heating and car availability
- Occupancy and bedrooms
- Household composition, size and deprivation
ONS National tools
ONS have created several interactive tools for looking at and mapping the Census 2021 data, including:
- Census maps, an interactive tool to explore Census 2021 topic summary data down to a neighbourhood level
- Change over time, to see how Bristol has changed since the 2011 Census
- Custom Profiles, to build a custom area profile for Bristol using Census 2021 data
- Area Profiles, to view Census 2021 data tables for Bristol (on Nomis)
For the latest information on publication plans go to the ONS Census 2021 outputs release plans.
Go to the 2011 Census page for statistics, local area profiles, equalities profiles and background information.