Key information from the 2021 Census for Bristol.
Census 2021 results for Bristol
Bristol Census 2021 results are presented via 2 new dashboards.
1. Headline Census 2021 results for Bristol overall are presented in the Census 2021 Dashboard with topics being added as the census data is released.
Topics now available:
- Population and migration
- Legal Partnership status
- Living arrangements
- Country of birth
- Household composition
- Household size
- Household deprivation
2. Detailed data for areas within Bristol presented in a new Bristol Census Data Profiles dashboard.
This new dashboard includes:
- Area Profiles: all census indicators for a selected geographic area
- Topic Profiles: an individual indicator mapped across the city
First results from Census 2021
The usual resident population of Bristol Local Authority was 472,400 on Census Day, 21 March 2021.
The first results for Bristol are presented in our Census 2021 dashboard and in a pdf pdf summary of the first results for Bristol (341 KB) .
The Census maps Go to https://www.ons.gov.uk/census/maps?lad=E06000023 (opens new window) interactive tool lets you explore Census 2021 data across England and Wales right down to a local neighbourhood level.
ONS will release Topic Summaries in the following order:
- Demography and migration: published
- UK armed forces veterans: published
- Ethnic group, national identity, language, and religion: published
- Labour market and travel to work: published
- Housing: 5 January 2023
- Sexual orientation and gender identity: 6 January 2023
- Education: 10 January 2023
- Health, disability, and unpaid care: 19 January 2023
For more details on the individual tables to be released for each topic, see Phase 1 Release Topic Summaries (pdf, 207 KB).
For the latest information on publication plans go to the ONS Census 2021 outputs release plans.
Go to the 2011 Census page for statistics, local area profiles, equalities profiles and background information.