What to do if you’ve inherited an empty property

If you’ve inherited a property that’s now empty you can sell it or rent it out.

If you inherit a property you’ll need to go through probate. Find out about probate on GOV.UK. You’ll also need to register the property with the Land Registry.

Sell, rent out or repair your empty property

We can help you sell, rent out or repair your empty property.

Contact information

Private Housing Team (100TS)

Bristol City Council

PO Box 3176

Bristol, BS3 9FS

Opening Hours


Contact details

Email: private.housing@bristol.gov.uk

Tel: 0117 352 5010