Borrow or hire items
You can borrow or hire a range of items, including books, CDs, and DVDs.
The number of items you can borrow depends on your membership. How long you can keep an item for depends on the type of item.
What you can borrow
- Adults, young adults, teenagers, and children: a maximum of 20 items
- Drama groups: up to six play sets or six single copies of a play
- No permanent address: four items, not including DVDs or CDs
- Visitors: four items
You can borrow items for the following lengths of time:
- books: 3 weeks
- books marked as fastback: 1 week
- spoken word CDs: 3 weeks
- CDs: 3 weeks
- DVDs:1 week
- DVD boxed sets: 3 weeks
- sheet music: 3 weeks
- play sets: up to 6 months, with a drama group ticket
- plays, one copy: 3 weeks, on either individual or drama group tickets
- items borrowed from libraries outside LibrariesWest: may have different loan lengths
You can renew items online, by phone or in person. You can return books to any LibrariesWest library.