Library overdue charges
Find information on overdue charges on library items.
The maximum charge per overdue item is £10.
You can check how much you owe on your LibrariesWest account.
Overdue item recovery fee
If you owe £20 or more on overdue items, we ask a recovery agency to help us get the items back.
You’ll need to pay the recovery agency fee, and any overdue charges on your items.
The maximum recovery agency fee is £10.
Charges depend on the type of membership you have:
- adults: 15p per day, up to a maximum charge of £5.40 per item
- 0 to 17 year olds: no charge
Music sets and play sets
- music sets: £18 plus £2.50 per week or part week, maximum £40
- play sets: £8 plus £1.50 per week or part week, maximum £20
CDs and DVDs
- 15p per day, up to a maximum charge of £5.40 per item
If you lose an item, you’ll have to pay for a replacement, and pay any overdue charges on the item.
There may be an extra charge for lost items on loan from other libraries.