Living with COVID-19 and previous COVID-19 statistics updates.
Population testing for COVID-19 has ended. This is part of the national living with COVID-19 strategy.
We publish a weekly report on Wednesdays. We use estimates of how many people have COVID-19 from the Office for National Statistics Coronavirus Infection Survey. Our report includes how many people have been vaccinated, are in hospital or have died after getting coronavirus in Bristol and the surrounding area.
Number of COVID cases
Prevalence of COVID-19 in England and the South West continues to fall. In England, 1 in 68 people are estimated to have had COVID-19 in the week ending 8 November, in the South this is 1 in 68.
For people in Bristol over 16 years old:
- 62% have had a booster or third dose
- 76% have had a second dose
- 80% have had a first dose
- 25% of 18 to 49 year-olds remain unvaccinated for COVID-19
Autumn COVID-19 Booster:
- 49% of 50 to 64 year olds have had a COVID-19 booster
- 78% of those aged 65 years and older have had a COVID-19 booster
Winter Flu Vaccinations 2022:
- 44% of 50 to 64 year olds have had a flu vaccine
- 76% of those aged 65 years and older have had a flu vaccine
For children in Bristol aged 12 to 15 years old:
- 1% have had a booster or third dose
- 36% have had a second dose
- 47% have had a first dose
For children in Bristol aged 5 to 11 years old:
- 8% have had a second dose
- 13% have had a first dose
52 patients are in hospital with COVID-19.
Less than 5 patients are currently in ICU with COVID-19.
8 people have died with COVID-19 in Bristol in the last four weeks. This is 3% of all deaths in the period.