Day centres, support and Bristol Community Links
We’ll help you to be as independent as possible and find activities in your community, employment training or learn new skills.
Bristol Community Links Service is closed today, Thursday 1 March.
The Drop In Service is still open but if the weather gets worse we'll advise people to leave a little earlier.
You can use our support services if you're an:
- older person
- adult with dementia
- adult with a learning difficulty
- adult with physical and sensory impairments
If you're eligible for day support, you can make a plan about the things you want to do. You can make this plan yourself, with a friend or one of your family, or a trained member of staff can help you. The plan might be made up of words, pictures, video or a mixture of all three.
If you need to visit one of our day centres to keep you healthy and safe, our Bristol Community Links (BCL) hubs provide daily support and give you the confidence and skills to become more independent and work towards your ambitions and goals.
Things you can do at our day centres:
- meet people and make friends
- take part in activities such as games, crafts and entertainments
- learn new skills and find out about employment training
- get support to go out and about in your local community
Our sensory rooms at BCL North and South have the latest technology to create an interactive, multi-sensory environment using light, sound, texture, bubble tubes and colours. The rooms can be relaxing or stimulating, helping adults and children with autism, dementia and complex neurological disabilities.
BCL also provides:
- support and advice to carers
- links with local businesses
Where to find our day centres
Langhill Ave, Inns Court, Knowle, BS4 1TN
Tel: 0117 377 2720
The BCL South centre offers:
- a café serving hot meals, cakes and hot drinks
- a kitchen for you to learn new skills
- an environment that’s friendly for people with dementia
- a small hair-dressing salon
- free wifi for internet and mobile phone use
- help to use the internet
- a sensory room
Russell Town Avenue, St George, BS5 9LT
Telephone: 0117 903 0470
The BCL Central centre caters for up to 25 people with a wide range of needs including dementia, autism and challenging behaviour. A range of activities are on offer including:
- computer training
- outdoor activities and trips
- road safety skills
- links with local businesses
Lanercost Road, Southmead, BS10 6HZ
Telephone: 0117 903 8640
BCL North centre offers:
- grounds, gardens and outdoor space
- skills kitchen
- sensory room
- computers and technology
- a café
- music, art, and craft skills
Get a place at BCL
If you're eligible for support from Bristol City Council, talk to your social worker about how to get referred to BCL. Or you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit to find out more about what BCL could offer you.
Community facilities for hire
Facilities including meeting rooms, the Sensory Rooms, and the skills kitchen at BCL South, are all available for hire by local groups and organisations. Contact us to find out more, email email@example.com.