Guide to the SEND Local Offer
Guide to the Bristol Local Offer
1. What is the Bristol Local Offer
We must provide up to date and usable information for children and young people with SEND and their families. You can find the legal requirements in:
- the Equality Act 2010
- sections 27, 28, 30, 32, 41, 49 and 51 to 57 of the Children and Families Act 2014
- the SEND Code of Practice 2015
- the Care Act 2014
- the Mental Capacity Act 2005
The Local Offer:
- is for parents, carers, children, young people, practitioners and professionals
- includes information on services available to everybody, such as schools and children’s healthcare
- includes information on short term support and services for children and young people without an Educational, Health and Care plan
- includes information on specialist services and longer term specialised support for children with SEND
- must be provided in other formats for people who can’t access the website
2. Where you can find the Bristol Local Offer
In Bristol, you can find out about the support available for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities on the Local Offer website. This replaces the Findability website.
If you haven't got internet access at home, Bristol Libraries provide free computer and internet access, as well as free wifi.
Tell us what you think using the Feedback form.
3. Who we work with
We’re committed to developing the Bristol Local Offer through co-production.
We work with:
- parents and carers
- children and young people
- early years providers
- schools and colleges
- health partners
- voluntary and community organisations
Our key partners are:
4. How we gather feedback
We must gather feedback yearly on the range and quality of support on offer.
We gather feedback by:
- using the feedback form on the Local Offer site.
- going out to meet groups of children, young people, and parents and carers.
- talking about to specific service teams about feedback relevant to them
- the SEND survey for parents, carers and young people
This helps inform and shape the future development of the Bristol Local Offer.
We publish your comments and our responses on the Bristol Local Offer site at least once a year.
See what we’ve done in response to previous feedback.
5. Give feedback on Bristol's Local Offer
We’d like to hear your feedback about:
- specific services you’ve used
- how we could improve the Local Offer
- information or services that are missing
- how easy or hard it is to use the Findability site
6. Our Local Offer for professionals
On the Findability site, professionals who work with children and families in Bristol can find:
- SEND forms and guidance for Education, Health and Care assessment requests and annual reviews
- documents that help you deliver your statutory duties for organisations that work with and support children and young people who have special educational needs or disabilities.