How you can contact us if you:
- need advice about a child or young person with SEND
- would like to make a complaint about the service you've received
- have feedback for us
Advice about a young person
If you're concerned about a child's safety or wellbeing, you can:
- make a referral to First Response
- phone First Response on 0117 903 6444
If you're worried about your child's learning and progress at their school or education setting, talk to your child's teacher or the school's SENDCO. The Ordinarily Available Provision is the support that all schools should offer.
If you need information or advice about early support for your child's additional needs, contact FLORA on:
- 0117 352 6020
Bristol’s Independent SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) is provided by SEND and You (SAY). For more information:
You can get independent advice and support from SEND and You.
You can make a complaint to us if you’re unhappy.
View the guide to EHC needs assessments.
Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans
If you have a question about how to ask for an EHC plan, phone 0117 922 3700.
If you'd like to talk to someone about the content of a new EHC plan, or following an Annual Review, you can:
- talk to your SEND case officer
- talk to your child's teacher, SENDCO or headteacher
- contact SEND and You
- talk to the parent and carer forum, Bristol Parent Carers
If you're unhappy with your child's EHC plan, you can request a free mediation service to help reach an agreement.
You can appeal the content of an EHC plan (including the named school or placement):
- when it is first issued
- if we've changed it
- if we've refused to amend it after Annual Review
You should consider mediation before submitting an appeal.
If you think we haven't followed the correct process, you can make a complaint.
If you have questions or concerns about your child's health care, you can speak to:
- your GP
- your SEND case officer, if your child has an EHC plan
- SEND and You
- Children's Speech and Language Therapy
- Bristol Children's Hospital Physiotherapy Department
- The Disabled Children's Occupational Therapy service
- Child and Family Consultation Services
Most children's health care services in Bristol are delivered by Sirona Care and Health.
To contact the Disabled Children's Service:
- call 0117 903 8250
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to Disabled Children's Services, 5 Knowle West Health Park, Downton Road, Bristol, BS4 1WH
You can call the Home to School Travel team on 0117 903 7672 or email email@example.com.
To discuss preparing for adulthood, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a complaint
Most issues can be resolved with a conversation. If you're unhappy with your child's school:
- Discuss the problem with your child's teacher, SENDCO or headteacher.
- Contact SEND and You for independent advice.
- Contact an independent disagreement resolution service.
If these steps don't work, see the guide to resolving disagreements about SEND provision. This explains how to make a complaint to us, and what to do if you're not happy with our response.
Give us your feedback
We're always keen to work with children and young people and parents and carers to improve Bristol's SEND Local Offer.