The Lantern Room
The Lantern Room
The Lantern Room boasts a beautifully crafted interior, elegant lighting and Regency decor.
It's a stunning setting for your special event, with grand paintings of King George II and Queen Caroline overlooking the ceremony.
This room has a CD player compatible with i-pods and MP3 players and can also accommodate live music for your ceremony.
Capacity and social distancing measures
Because of coronavirus (COVID-19), we'll only allow a maximum of 30 guests plus the couple in the room for the ceremony.
Make sure that:
- your guests sit in accordance to seating plan which is in line with government social distancing guidelines
- you only move around the building in accordance with signage and floor markings
- you arrive 20 minutes before scheduled ceremony time as you'll have your ceremony interview together
Your guests must remain outside the register office until they're invited into the ceremony room.
Photographs will be permitted after the ceremony inside the ceremony room and outside the Register Office. No photographs permitted elsewhere in the Register Office.
You can find more details on how to plan for the ceremony and what rules you should follow on the COVID-19: Guidance for small marriages and civil partnerships (GOV.UK).
Prices for ceremony
Prices are valid from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
- Monday to Friday: £676
- Saturday: £794
- Sunday: £977
- Bank holiday: £972
Prices for civil partnership conversion or renewal of vows
Prices are valid from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022:
- Monday to Friday: £665
- Saturday: £783
- Sunday: £966
- Bank holiday: £961
- Use of the room
- Choice of music and personal vows
- Two Registrars to conduct and register the ceremony
- A marriage certificate
Call 0117 922 2800 to check availability or make a booking.