Wedding and civil ceremonies
Weddings and civil ceremonies
Coronavirus (COVID-19): There are government restrictions on when and how wedding and civil partnership ceremonies can take place. Check the Changes to Register Office services page on the Bristol City Council website.
The Old Council House is the perfect choice for your special day and we have four rooms suitable for weddings and civil ceremonies.
The rooms are also available for renewal of vows ceremonies.
Virtual tour of our rooms
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are unable to offer physical tours of our rooms. Call us on 0117 922 2800 to check availability of the Old Council House for wedding or civil ceremonies or to make a booking.
Weddings main text
Ceremony prices start at only £57.
All registration services are provided from Bristol Register Office.
From 19 July 2021 the number of guests who can attend your ceremony has increased. The maximum number that can attend is based on how many people the venue can safely accommodate with one metre social distancing, ventilation, and access to and from the building:
- the Statutory Room: up to 4 people plus the couple
- the Mayoral Room: up to 20 people plus the couple
- the Lantern Room: up to 30 people plus the couple
- the Grand Council Chamber: up to 60 people plus the couple
You must give proof that attendees are not infectious, with one of the following:
- certification via text message or email from NHS Test and Trace of a negative NHS COVID-19 lateral flow (rapid) test result taken in the 48 hours prior to attending
- your NHS COVID-19 Pass confirming double COVID-19 vaccination received at least 2 weeks prior to attending the event via the NHS App, a vaccination card is not sufficient
- proof of COVID-19 status through demonstrating natural immunity, for example with a positive NHS PCR test in the last 180 day, via the NHS COVID-19 pass on the NHS App
- proof of a negative lateral flow (rapid) test taken 48 hours prior to attendance for visitors from outside the UK, demonstrated via a text message or email
We cannot accommodate requests for extra guests.
Our other venues
We have other venues available to hire in Bristol for wedding and civil ceremonies, receptions and parties.