We publish raw data to be transparent about the information we hold and to encourage citizens and organisations to reuse data to help others do things they want to do or to understand things.
Open data websites
We publish data on:
Most requested data
International travel data for the Mayor, Councillors and Council Officers:
External international travel
- pdf International travel September 2021 to December 2021 (150 KB)
- pdf International travel April 2020 to August 2021 (100 KB)
- pdf International travel January 2020 to April 2020 (214 KB)
- pdf International travel April 2019 to December 2019 (399 KB)
- pdf International travel August 2018 to March 2019 (272 KB)
- pdf International travel June 2016 to July 2018 (566 KB)
Social media analysis
Other sources of data
Using our data
Our open data is released under the Open Government Licence 3.0 (OGL 3.0). This explains what you can and cannot do with the data.
Some data might be removed (known as 'redaction'). For example, personal information that could identify an individual, or information that is commercially sensitive. We do this to comply with the Freedom of Information Act.
We take care to ensure that the data is accurate. However, you should make your own checks before relying on the data.
Where possible and relevant, we have made this data available in both a 'human-readable' format (such as PDF and XLS) and an open, 'machine-readable' format that is not dependent on any specific software (such as CSV or XML). Appropriate formats are chosen for each dataset.
Local government transparency code 2015
The council is committed to open data publication under the new local government transparency code 2015.
We certify that our open data meets the criteria for the Open Data Institute Open Data Certificate.